Friday, April 8, 2011

Cross Fit

I've heard all about this Cross Fit stuff. I've seen youtube videos, read articles, and done a little research online. So I figured I'd give it a shot. Why not, it may help. There is a gym pretty close to my home so I stopped in there yesterday, after dropping my girls off at preschool and a playgroup, to check it out.

I had planned to go for an 8 mile run with 1/4 mile intervals. After talking to one of the guys who runs the place for a little while, I ran home, changed and came back for my first free session. It lasted about 40 minutes (including all the instructional time), and I knew within 10 minutes of it being over, that I was going to be sore! No 8 mile run. but that's ok, I worked other muscles and felt good.

All I did after the 20 minute warm up circuit was 7 min of wall balls (squats while holding a medicine ball and tossing it up in the air against a wall as I come up from the squat) and burpees (up downs) - 7 of each and as many rounds as I could do in the 7 minutes. That was it. I was actually ready to keep going after a minute  or two of rest, but the coach told me that we were done and that I was going to be sore just from that. he was right. It's not the sorest I've ever been by any means, but for sure the sorest after doing really just 7 minutes of hard work. I am thinking I may like this thing. I'll love it if it really can get me faster and stronger.

Time will tell . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment