Thursday, August 11, 2011

Back to School Brick

My kids started school last week. August 2nd - kinda early, but we have a modified traditional schedule where we get a 2 week fall break and a 2 week spring break, so we start super early. It's good and bad. Anyway - 4 out of 5 started last week with #4 starting kindergarten - it's a full day kindergarten but they did half days for the first week to transition them into it. So that day, Tuesday the 2nd I was scheduled to swim a mile, bike 60, then run 10.  Almost like doing a half ironman, my husband had the same workout. I swam from 6-7am, came home and got kids ready for school, took them for their first day, then was planning to take this little one on my ride. I knew I wouldn't get 60 miles pulling her, I was hoping for 40, I only had 3 hours before I needed to be back to the school to pick up my kindergartner by 11:20.

Just as I was getting ready to head out I get a call from my husband. He is about an hour into the ride portion of the brick and has had 2 flat tires. He's out of tubes, which means I get to go pick him up. He was about 20 minutes away (driving) so I go get him and bring him home and then head out on my own bike ride. I now have only about an hour and 45 minutes for the ride. I got about 25 miles in as I finished at the school to pick up my kindergartner. She had a fabulous day, by the way and LOVES school. Always nice when they do! 

We came home, had lunch, got the babysitter, and I headed out on my 10 mile run. At about mile 8 my plantar fasciitis started acting up. I then got a nasty sore throat that night that I am still (over a week later) getting rid of. I know when I push my self too hard my body rebels and I get sick. It actually doesn't happen very often, thankfully.
I was supposed to run again Thursday and got about half way down my street when I had to turn around because of the fasciitis. Went to crossfit instead that day. Friday I had PT and she worked on my foot (along with all the other ailments I have currently!).

No comments:

Post a Comment