Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rattlesnake Olympic Triathlon - 8/14/10

I competed in my first Olympic Distance Triathlon on August 14, 2010 - the same day my little brother got married in Las Vegas! We jetted from the tri to the airport and made it by the skin of our teeth to the wedding that began at 4pm.

1500m Swim (just shy of a mile); 26 mile Bike, 10K run (6.2 miles)

I was very pleased with my times for this triathlon. I finished by running an 8:21 min/mile pace for the run portion. the run is last and so becomes the hardest part of the tri because the swim and bike portions can really drain you, and even if they don't, running off the bike is not a normal feeling and can take a few miles to get used to!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I finished in 2:54:25;  11th out of 48 in my division and 60th out of 236 females

No comments:

Post a Comment